Post Production Coordinator
BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Post Production Coordinator (Project Based)
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
• Collaborate with Post Production Supervisors to oversee daily tasks and resources
• Track and manage Post Production schedules
• Oversee Post Production process on multiple projects
• Ensure all assets are delivered on time and to spec
• Verify legal clearances and platform standards are upheld
• Quality Control for all final assets
• Organize Post Production comms across departments
• Facilitate communication between Creative Producers and Video Editors
• Identify problem areas quickly and pose creative solutions
• Manage administrative paperwork for (NDAs, POs, and freelance timecards)
• Successfully complete daily tasks, while keeping the bigger picture in mind
• Bachelor's degree in Film, Communication or related field
• At least 3-5 years experience working in the digital space
• Flexibility to adapt with changing timelines and deliverables
• Working knowledge of Post Production and Production process and equipment
• Proficient in Project Management tools (Float and Airtable are a plus!)
• Familiarity with codecs, image types, resolutions, frame rates as they pertain to digital media trends
• Experience with Mac OS and Adobe Creative Cloud apps including Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder and After Effects
• Willingness to learn and evolve within a team environment
• Inspired to learn more about the technical side of Post Production
• Emphasis on organization and attention to detail
• Proactive, and Positive team player
• Ability to guide projects from end to end independently
• Knowledgeable of current social media and digital video platforms
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within and across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
At BuzzFeed, we want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.