Post Production Assistant Editor
BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 7/27/2021 9:08:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Post Production Assistant Editor jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Post Production Assistant Editor postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Post Production Assistant Editor?
Full Time Job
Post Production Assistant Editor (Project Based)
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
• Ingesting, Transcoding, Logging, organizing, and archiving footage
• Keep detailed logs on footage, ingests, and preps
• Prepare and assemble string outs, apply markers, create short-form content
• Assist Editors and Producers with workflow knowledge and tasks to streamline the Post-Production process
• Give feedback on and help improve digital only production workflows
• Assist with Post Equipment Pickup/Drop Offs and Runs, delivering to producers and editors from the office
• Work both remote and on site from the NY or LA campus
• Collaborate with editors in trafficking, assessing and editing incoming footage
• Assist Post-Production Coordinators in the management of assets and production materials
• Support communication between Production and Post-Production teams
• 2 years working in a professional environment
• Working knowledge of Mac OS and Adobe Creative Cloud apps including Premiere Pro (preferred NLE), Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder and After Effects as well as 3rd party software
• Comfortable working with most video codecs, formats, timecode formats, and transcoding
• Comfortable sharing feedback within a small team environment
• Detail-oriented, technical, and open to new ideas
• Can complete tasks autonomously and sometimes follow detailed instruction
• Work at at a consistent pace while effectively multitasking
• Flexibility to adapt with changing timelines and deliverables
• Working knowledge of Post Production and Production process and equipment
• Knowledgeable of social media and digital video platforms
• Proactive, positive team player, able to help guide projects from ingest to delivery
• Experience with DaVinci Resolve or Adobe Audition for color and sound finishing a plus
• Experience behind a camera and knowledge of lighting and sound design a plus
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within and across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.