This was removed by the employer on 7/6/2021 9:08:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Political Correspondent jobs in London-UK
Search all Political Correspondent postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Political Correspondent?
Full Time Job
HuffPost is looking for a political correspondent to join our UK edition to cover the day's most compelling political stories.
The ideal candidate will come with an impressive contacts book and have a proven record of breaking stories that cut-through the noise of Westminster.
Although primarily working from the House of Commons, you will be a key part of HuffPost's mission to take our journalism beyond Westminster and focus on issues that really matter to our readers across the UK.
This role is suited to a highly motivated self-starter with a hunger for political news who is comfortable working both independently and collaboratively.
You'll be able to articulate the bigger picture, yet capable of tackling the detail, as well picking up breaking news, and spotting quirky or offbeat stories that others miss.
The candidate will be motivated by HuffPost's editorial mission and have confidence and experience in evaluating sources and framing stories that fit the highest journalistic standards.
• Break stories and write exclusives that create impact
• Cover breaking news with flair and originality
• Contribute to HuffPost UK's weekly politics podcast
• Serve as a political commentator for HuffPost UK in the media
• Contribute coverage ideas for upcoming political events
• 4 years' experience in political or news journalism highly desirable
• Demonstrated experience within digital news journalism
• Ability to leverage traditional reporting skills with digital tools and data
• Experience working in breaking news and/or political news
• Excellent writing and editing skills and a strong understanding of media law
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
• A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
• Plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.