Photo Production Supervisor
BuzzfeedNew York, NY
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is looking for a resourceful Photo Production Supervisor to bring their production and organizational skills to the NY Office. We are looking for a smart, skilled, passionate self-starter that can work seamlessly with the various departments that touch our Photo Team. This is a full-time position based in BuzzFeed's New York City office starting with remote work but is expected to report on-site for shoots.
• Oversee the production process for our photography team across the various products and departments
• Manage multiple, simultaneous production timelines
• Manage and onboard freelancers ranging from food stylists to hair and makeup artists.
• Track and vet all related budgets, production plans, and wrap books
• Support feedback and approvals on creative concept pitches, budgets, timelines, and treatments
• Interface between Accounting, Pricing, Studio operations, Legal, Client services, and Sales
• Effectively communicate policies and procedures to freelance crew and production staff
• Collaborate to improve upon production resources, process, and responsibilities
• Manages daily Branded Production Calendars
• Coordinate shooting approvals with Studio Ops for On Campus In-Studio Productions
• Spearhead On-Campus Requests to various teams such as Production and Studio Ops
• Maintain an active and working knowledge of the statuses of current and future productions and their timelines
• Organize Timeline links, Concept links, and Basecamp links into one central location
• Troubleshoot day-to-day challenges in pre-production with Sales, Creative and Account teams and help provide solutions, and appropriately escalate as needed
• Comfortable flexing between day-to-day process setting and long-term strategy work.
• 5 years production management experience
• Background in a variety of creative and operational areas (shoot production, project management, studio operations).
• Embody a philosophy of finding creative solutions and efficiencies regarding budget, scheduling, logistics, etc.
• Have knowledge of industry standards regarding average crew rates, rental rates, production labor laws,
• Experience with permitting, releases, insurance, etc.
• Holds a rolodex of local freelancers and vendors to source for photo productions.
• Highly organized and a polished and timely written and verbal communicator
• Prioritization is essential, appropriately delegate and be a team player
• Willingness to learn
• Prior people management experience
• Prior branded content experience
• Must exhibit personal and professional high standards of integrity and ethics
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
• A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.