NY Video Editor
BuzzfeedNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 2/22/2023 4:08:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for NY Video Editor jobs in New York-NY
Search all NY Video Editor postings
Full Time Job
NY Video Editor (Project Based)
About BuzzFeed, Inc.
BuzzFeed, Inc. (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture and commerce, our brands drive conversation and inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, and obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed, Inc. is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news and entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, and creative; and inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders and creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks and HuffPost to come.
Business Area: Content
Job Category: Operations
Salary: 325-350/day USD
Union Status: Non Union
BuzzFeed is looking for a creative Video Editor to join our Post-Production team in a project-based capacity in New York! We're looking for someone with a strong personal editing style and the ability to implement storytelling through collaboration with our creative directors. Our pay rate for this position is based on experience.
Examples of Editing Style:
Cocoa Butter: Single Girl Picks Date Based On Outfit • Date My Fit
BuzzFeed Celeb: The ''All American'' Cast Reads Thirst Tweets
• Partner with Creative Producers and Post-Production team editing a variety of BuzzFeed video content
• End-to-end edit multiple videos and formats both unscripted and scripted
• Quickly assemble edits and implement notes from creatives and clients
• Experiment with different versions of an edit, exploring multiple directions if needed
• Stay super organized in and adhere to internal SOPs for project naming conventions
• Test and give technical notes on new workflows
• Professional level finishing of Color and Sound within Premiere
• Onlining various edits as needed
• Collaborate with the Post-Production team to flag and communicate any watch outs with the shoot and scope of creative
• 5 years experience working in a professional environment on digital content
• Advanced knowledge of Mac OS and Adobe Creative Cloud apps including Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder and After Effects as well as 3rd party software
• Experience with mixing various codecs, image types, resolutions and frame rates as they pertain to digital media trends
• Flexibility to adapt with changing timelines and deliverables
• Passion and knowledge for editing theory
• Experience with designing and laying in GFX/VFX
• Balance and grade color, and mix and level audio within Adobe Premiere
• Advanced knowledge of Post-Production and Production process and equipment
• Knowledgeable of social media and digital video platforms
• Emphasis on organization and attention to detail
• Proactive, positive team player, able to help guide projects from ingest to delivery
• Experience with shared remote and proxy-based workflows and remote SANs Preferred; LucidLink is a plus
• Must be available to edit at location in our New York office as needed
Send us your Reel: Share 3-5 samples of work you've edited in a similar style as BuzzFeed Celeb and Cocoa Butter channels (examples linked above for reference) as well as a current personal reel.
Life at BuzzFeed, Inc.
We celebrate inclusion and are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
We want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed, Inc. offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) and open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, and WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, and VT.