BuzzfeedNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Night Editor (project-based)
BuzzFeed is looking for a pop culture obsessive to write and edit stories for BuzzFeed.com after standard work hours, covering late night and primetime television, trending stories, and the surprise midnight music releases artists love to drop. We're looking for someone who eats, sleeps, and breathes all things pop culture: TV, movies, celebrity, fashion, music, etc. that can work well in a team.
This is a contracted, fpaid position in our Los Angeles or New York office and is available to start immediately. This position requires working off-hours Sundays through Thursdays between the hours of 5pm - 1am EST (2pm - 10pm PST). This is a six-month temporary position to cover for a team member on parental leave.
• Monitor, watch, and write about primetime and late night shows as soon as they air
• Edit timely and evergreen stories created by the pop culture team and freelancers
• Generate ideas for content based on news of the day
• Dream up evergreen stories for slow news days
• Attend brainstorms and contribute to team goals
• Work weekends or potentially late-night hours
• Write stories for BuzzFeed.com
• Ability to edit a variety of content, from lists and quizzes to medium-form and interviews
• Experience writing and editing pop culture content required
• A genuine, wide-eyed love of pop culture in all its forms
• High emotional intelligence
• Extremely organized and efficient
• The ability to take perspective of others
• A competitive drive - you enjoy winning, really going for it
• A positive, curious, playful disposition (no haters)
• Experience managing people a plus
• Create an account at buzzfeed.com/signup, send us your BuzzFeed profile, and create two (or more) posts that show off your writing skills
• A short explanation of why you would be a good fit for this role
• Your resume
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.