News Editor, Buzzfeed UK
Full Time Job
We're looking for a smart, energetic News Editor to help lead the day-to-day operations and coverage for the BuzzFeed UK news desk. Please note: this is a maternity cover position.
Our newsroom pushes for deeply reported stories with real-world impact and a connection to the issues that matter most to our readers. The right person will work with our excellent team of reporters, based in London, to develop ideas that grab the attention of a large audience, and guide them in their day to day reporting duties.
• Commission and edit a wide mix of innovative, ambitious reporting projects covering politics, social justice, celebrity and social news.
• Manage the production of all of the team's stories, including coordinating with designers, copy editors, social curators, the PR team, and the newsroom lawyers
• 3-5 years of experience reporting and/or editing for a journalistic outlet, with a proven track record of working on impactful stories
• Experience turning complicated ideas into clear and lively prose
• A sophisticated understanding of the UK landscape and what makes a great story for BuzzFeed News.
• Love for and excitement about the internet
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats...
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed UK focuses on exclusive, deeply reported stories on politics, social justice, celebrity and social news. The news operation has won countless awards for its work, including News Website of the Year at the Society of Editors' Press Awards.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.