Market Copy Editor
BuzzfeedNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 7/15/2021 9:08:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Market Copy Editor jobs in New York-NY
Search all Market Copy Editor postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Market Copy Editor?
Market Copy Editor (Freelance)
BuzzFeed is hiring a freelance copy editor for its Market team. Are you a ''word nerd'' and ''super speller''? Did you find your latest summer outfit or home decor from a list in our shopping section? This may be the position for you!
BuzzFeed copy editors must be familiar with a range of subjects; be well-versed in grammar, syntax, and punctuation; and have a heightened awareness of language choices when reading sensitive topics.
This job is freelance and based in Los Angeles or New York City.
• Copyedit market posts for sensitivity and inclusion, style, grammar, punctuation, spelling, consistency, clarity, and concision.
• Contribute to discussions on language and sensitivity updates to the BuzzFeed Style Guide.
• At least 2 years' postgraduate work experience as a copy editor for a digital media publisher.
• Impeccable copyediting skills and strong attention to detail.
• A passion for internet and pop culture and familiarity with the latest social media and fashion trends.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within and across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.