Manager, Talent Acquisition
BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 6/14/2021 7:08:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Human Resources Category
Search for Manager, Talent Acquisition jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Manager, Talent Acquisition postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager, Talent Acquisition?
Full Time Job
Our team is bi-coastal, split between NYC & LA. Both locations are bound by a shared love of creating an awesome candidate experience, always having the right GIF for a situation, and team happy hours. We're a lean but mighty group that supports hiring across News, Content, Tech, Admin, and Business. You'll report to our Director, Talent Acquisition, and work closely with the Recruiting and People teams at large, and maintain close relationships with stakeholders across the company.
You're a hunter. You love the thrill of the chase. You're a seller, but you're not a ''salesperson.'' BuzzFeed is looking for a Manager, Talent Acquisition to support full-cycle recruiting across various lines of business globally with a primary focus on our Content organization. In this role, you will also manage a recruiter and recruiting coordinator, and partner with Content leaders to continue to evolve our employment brand and attract diverse candidate pools. The Manager, Talent Acquisition will also play a key role in supporting our contingent workforce population and the teams that hire them. You will lead the contingent workforce recruiting strategy, recruitment, onboarding and be the primary point of contact for our contingent workers. You will also act as the primary point of contact throughout the freelancer's interview and onboarding.
This position is located in our LA office (West Hollywood) and is open immediately (you're a recruiter, so you already knew you needed to move quickly!).
• Partner closely with hiring teams to build and execute effective sourcing, assessment, and closing of highly qualified diverse candidates across our industry
• Must be able to uniquely source passive candidates at all levels.
• Develop and drive sourcing strategies with a focus on long and short term pipeline building of diverse talent
• Deliver balanced diverse pipelines as well as actively network and establish positive relationships with diverse candidates and organizations
• Partner effectively with recruiting team peers and cross-functional partners (compensation, HR, systems and operations teams, etc.)
• Build and maintain a network of potential diverse candidates through proactive market research and on-going relationship management.
• Act as initial point of contact for managers hiring freelancers for the first time and help guide them through the hiring process
• Act as initial point of contact for freelancers during their interview and first week of onboarding
• Analyze data to identify areas of improvement and provide data-driven recommendations to guide decisions related to future diversity sourcing strategies.
• Identify external organizations, local events and conferences that help create new sourcing channels for both our short-term and long-term hiring needs.
• Identify, organize and/or attend a variety of recruitment events to build our talent pipeline and promote BuzzFeed's employment brand
• Support Content teams with the contingent workforce hiring process
• Contribute to BuzzFeed Careers' social media presence on Twitter and Instagram
• 5 years of recruiting or sourcing experience, ideally in-house in a related industry
• Previous experience providing recruitment support for Social, Production, Content, or other similar creative roles
• Experience working with freelance/contingent workforce
• Top-notch communication skills, expressed by your ability to write compelling, customized, and relevant sourcing messages and to conduct interviews that leave candidates feeling inspired and excited about BuzzFeed
• Empathetic approach to building relationships based in trust and transparency with candidates and hiring managers
• An understanding of the entire recruiting life-cycle and the ability to operate within each stage
• Experience sourcing, interviewing, negotiating, and networking with candidates at all levels of an organization
• Passionate about diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
• Experience using features and reporting within an applicant tracking system (i.e. Greenhouse) is a huge plus
• A great story to tell us about the hardest candidate you've ever closed
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment and celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for growth and development via work experience and offerings from our in-house Learning Team
• Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, and more
• An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
• A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
• No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. BuzzFeed covers breaking news, produces original video, and creates content that people consume and share on the web. Buzzfeed has offices in 18 cities around the world and more than 1000 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more.
Buzzfeed's massive cross-platform network includes: BuzzFeed Originals, which creates articles, lists, quizzes, and videos; BuzzFeed Media Brands, which comprises a portfolio of identity-driven lifestyle brands including HuffPost, Nifty, Goodful, As/Is, and Tasty, the world's largest social food network; BuzzFeed Studios, which produces original content across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms; and BuzzFeed News, which includes world-class reporting and investigative journalism. The Company also includes BuzzFeed Commerce, which develops products and experiences, as well as licensing and other strategic partnerships.