Manager, Stock Plan Administration
BuzzfeedNew York, NY
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
Stock Plan Administrator will be responsible for administration of the Company's equity programs. This position will be the primary contact for all issues relating to the equity plans, procedures, individual grants and exercises. This position is a member of the Corporate Finance team and will work closely with Compensation and Benefits as well as the Financial Reporting and Legal teams.
• Manage all aspects of the Company's stock plans, including processing of grants, exercises, releases, etc.
• Prepare quarterly, annual and ad hoc reports for Finance, HR, Legal and Payroll as needed.
• Reconcile Equity Edge balances to transfer agent reserves; update Legal and HR regularly.
• Manage vendor relationships, including transfer agent and captive broker.
• Manage and respond to employee questions, communications regarding stock plans/Carta accounts, stock vesting schedules, the options exercise process, plan eligibility rules and general employee education.
• Assist new hires receiving stock grants, options or other long term equity incentive during the onboarding process, including the update of the stock plan database
• Provide support for quarterly and annual audits and interface with internal and external auditors.
• Remain current on market, legal and ''best practice'' trends associated with equity programs.
• Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent experience
Experience with Carta or E*Trade is strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of SEC and tax regulations related to equity compensation plans. CEP preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years related stock plan administration experience required at a public company; preferably a company with international operations and total employees in excess of 500.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.