Manager, Business Operations & Strategy
BuzzfeedNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Business Operations, Strategy, & Intelligence team (BizOps) operates as the AdOrg's internal consulting group. Leveraging analytics, automation, and other data tools, BizOps plays a central role in defining and driving strategic, operational and organizational improvements across the company.
As Manager, Business Operations & Strategy, you own the scoping and implementation of strategic projects to grow revenue for BuzzFeed. You'll work across functional areas like Sales, Operations, Tech, and Editorial Strategy, developing initiatives and processes to optimize the business.
• Strategic Planning. Partner with senior leaders to define their strategic priorities and goals in the context of broader company strategy, and how these translate to their teams' focus areas. Leveraging frameworks like OKRs and / or Balanced Scorecards, you will measure and report on progress toward goals, working with leadership to escalate risks and remove roadblocks as needed
• Business Analytics & Reporting. Develop a deep understanding of the key drivers of our advertising organization. Define critical KPIs, dashboards, and analysis to help those teams manage performance and create operational rigor. Provide data-driven insights to inform decision making for the company priorities
• Special Projects. Tackle ambiguous strategic questions facing the business. Partner with leaders throughout BuzzFeed to build business cases for new initiatives. Drive the implementation of those initiatives to ensure smooth execution across a diverse array of cross-functional stakeholders
• Communications. Lead and maintain a structure of cross-functional communications to increase visibility, drive alignment, and manage change such as All Hands, leadership meetings, QBRs, etc.
• Operations & Processes. Identify process gaps and optimization opportunities within the Advertising organization. Work with key leaders across the organization to document and implement process improvements
• Bachelor's Degree in leading college or university
• 2 years experiencing at a top tier Management Consulting or Investment Banking firm or equivalent strategy and program management experience within a Digital Media company or agency
• Experience with Excel (Pivot Tables, VLookup, etc.) modeling and forecasting
• Experience with strategic planning, business and sales analysis
• Experience with G Suite products: Google Sheets, Slides, Documents, etc.
• Familiarity with CRM systems such as Salesforce and Boostr
• Ability to take on complex financial and quantitative analyses and synthesize findings
• Demonstrable leadership skills to align people behind the strategic agenda, co-create plans, and influence a variety of stakeholders
• Compelling presentation skills with confidence and ability to present findings, defend a point of view and offer constructive challenge to senior leaders
• Demonstrated track record in successfully managing ambitious, strategic, and operationally complex projects with cross-functional teams
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
• A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
• Plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.