Line Producer, Editorial
BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed is looking for a Line Producer to bring organizational skills and inspiring leadership to our production team. We are looking for an experienced and passionate self-starter that can work with all departments within Video.
Among the various video teams this role will be supporting are Cocoa Butter and Pero Like. Our Black and Latinx brands provide a safe space for people on the internet to consume humorous, informative, and uplifting content, while elevating culture and amplifying the voices of everyday people. We're looking for someone who can identify with and can confidently speak to the BIPOC and Latinx identity groups.
• Supervise and troubleshoot day-to-day production challenges and appropriately escalate as needed
• Vet creative briefs to build budgets for approval; ensure productions are on budget/on schedule
• Navigate simultaneous short/long-term projects with consideration of priority
• People Manager with an adaptable mindset, emotional intelligence and a sense of humor
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Work with leadership to create structured learning and growth plans for direct report(s)
• Proactively collaborate with the Manager of Production and Production Operations teams to reduce bottlenecks and increase efficiency
• Effectively communicate policies and procedures to direct reports freelance crew
• Committed to sourcing and hiring diverse and inclusive crews and staff positions
• Work with production leadership to anticipate future growth needs, help outline strategy and execution of workflows
• Track and actualize budgets for monthly review and approval
• Support on set/remote shoots as needed
• Give oversight on timelines
• Work with our creative resources team to approve on-campus shoots
• Collaborating with the Studio Ops team on shoot protocol and logistics
• Build and oversee production binder as needed
• Process location permits
• Hire crew, source gear and locations as needed
• Build and oversee monthly wrap binder to submit for approval
• Execute productions
• Serve as the main point of contact with Supervising and Creative Producer
• Assist with updating records on Airtable for Production
• Review first and final cuts of videos to confirm collection of clearances & releases
• Ensure that crew safety is maintained at all times and adhere to all new safety protocols created in response to COVID 19
• 5 years of production management experience with a leadership role, ideally focused on unscripted formats
• Deep knowledge of Production and Operations best practices
• Expertise in budgeting and scheduling
• Ability to work collaboratively and autonomously across multiple teams and projects
• Experience overseeing the hiring process for staff and freelance personnel
• A mastery of on-set production process and protocol
• A proficiency of accounting paperwork submission and guidelines
• Know how to ask for help, strive for self-improvement but not perfection, provide constructive criticism, listen and create opportunities for yourself and others
• Expertise in Movie Magic, Google Drive and Excel. Experience with and willingness to learn airtable and other production management software/tools/databases
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth by work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
• A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
• No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you'll work collaboratively with inspiring colleagues to create tools and content that helps connect people all over the world.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.