Lead Video Producer
BuzzfeedNew York, NY
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed is looking for a passionate Lead Video Producer with a deep knowledge of video production, social media, and the internet to create compelling videos for our YouTube channels. Reporting to the Supervising Producer, you will drive all aspects of production, from conception to release.
You'll ensure the content produced is creatively on-brand for BuzzFeed, delivering on our measures of success, and collaborate with appropriate parties to keep video execution within budget. You'll be diplomatic, solutions-oriented, and professional in high-pressure situations.
• Write pitches and treatments for new series that will generate massive engagement from BuzzFeed audiences
• Drive all aspects of production, including producing, directing, editing, and managing those aspects of the process when working with freelancers
• Produce an average of 1 video per week for BuzzFeed's flagship YouTube channels
• Use data insights to create content ideas that align with BuzzFeed's best practices
• Ensure the production of all your projects come in on time and within budget while maintaining BuzzFeed's high creative standards
• Work closely with the Supervising and Executive Producers to expand BuzzFeed's product offerings
• 5 or more years of video production experience
• A passion for digital media, and experience creating short-form content for social platforms
• Experience managing big-budget as well as low-touch videos that have many moving parts
• The ability to expertly explain ideas and creative vision in a compelling way
• The ability to prioritize and delegate tasks accordingly
• A collaborative and patient mindset
• A firm understanding of production budgets and product margins
• A deep understanding of virality and shareability on all social platforms, including emerging platforms
• Thorough knowledge of BuzzFeed as a brand and ability to speak to its voice and best practices.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment.
As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
• A generous and diverse benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
• No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion and humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you'll collaborate with inspiring colleagues to create technology and content that helps connect people all over the world.