Lead Social Media Strategist
BuzzfeedNew York, NY
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed is looking for a Lead Social Media Strategist to work on strategy for the Video Social Team, across all social platforms. You'll work on a variety of BuzzFeed brands, including Tasty and Nifty, and help the video social team achieve their overall goals.
Please Note: We are currently working remotely, and expect to eventually re-open our offices when it is safe to return. After re-opening, candidates will be expected to come into either the LA office.
• Oversee Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Tik Tok publishing, as well as launching brands onto emerging platforms.
• Developing strategies to increase video views and platform revenue across the board, identifying areas of opportunity, and deliver against key performance benchmarks.
• Work closely with Deputy Director of video publishing and social leads to execute on those strategies
• Work closely with BuzzFeed's Tasty team on their content and publishing strategy
• Manage a team of 5 direct reports who are also focused on social video.
• Communicate and brainstorm with both video producers, Creator talent, and the larger social team.
• Ideate and lead creative strategy branded opportunities or sponsored video.
• Analyze, craft and help optimize reports on social performance and trends, messaging key results to social team, as well as non-social stakeholders
• Engage with BuzzFeed community across platforms
• Help maintain the cheery and collaborative BuzzFeed culture with a positive attitude and obsession with the things people are sharing, liking, recommending and talking about on the internet
• 5-7 years experience running social accounts for a major publisher or brand
• 4 years of people management experience
• Ability to identify trends in social video, and a passion for video on social platforms
• A self-motivated personality comfortable carving out new responsibilities
• A strong understanding of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and why content on those platforms became popular or goes viral
• A positive, curious, playful disposition
• A genuine love for and excitement about the internet
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.