Lead Social Media Strategist- Commerce
BuzzfeedNew York, NY
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. We produce articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; original pop culture and entertainment programming through Complex Networks; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is looking for a Lead Social Media Strategist to work on strategy for the Commerce Editorial Social Team, across all social platforms. You'll work on a variety of BuzzFeed brands, including Tasty and Nifty, and help the commerce social team achieve their overall goals.
Please Note: We are currently working remotely, and expect to eventually re-open our offices when it is safe to return. After re-opening, candidates will be expected to come into the NY office.
This role reports to our Deputy Director of Social Media, Affiliate & O O.
• Oversee Facebook, Twitter and Instagram publishing for shopping content.
• Develop social strategy to increase traffic to BuzzFeed.com from platforms including but not limited to Twitter and Instagram, identifying areas of opportunity and the publishing strategy needed to deliver against key performance benchmarks.
• Interface with the affiliate business team on new and existing paid partner deals.
• Ideate and lead creative strategy around major tentpoles and sales.
• Manage a team of 5 direct reports who are focused on various platforms.
• Analyze, craft and help optimize reports on social performance and trends, messaging key results to social team, as well as non-social stakeholders
• Help maintain the cheery and collaborative BuzzFeed culture with a positive attitude and obsession with the things people are sharing, liking, recommending and talking about on the internet
• 5-7 years experience running social accounts for a major publisher or brand, especially in the ecommerce/shopping space
• 4 years of people management experience
• Ability to leverage data to understand online customers' buying behaviors
• A self-motivated personality comfortable carving out new responsibilities
• A strong understanding of Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, and why content on those platforms became popular or goes viral
• Knowledge of Pinterest or Subtext (or similar SMS platforms) is a major plus.
• A positive, curious, playful disposition
• A genuine love for and excitement about the internet
FYI - job descriptions are not a one size fits all, just because you don't meet every requirement doesn't mean we don't want to hear from you. If you think you'd be a good fit for the job anyway, use your application to show us why!
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
At BuzzFeed, we want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.