Lead Producer, Tasty
BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 11/15/2022 1:08:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Content Creator Category
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Search for Lead Producer, Tasty jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Lead Producer, Tasty postings
Full Time Job
About BuzzFeed, Inc.
BuzzFeed, Inc. (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture and commerce, our brands guide conversation and inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, and obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed, Inc. is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news and entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, and creative; and inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders and creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks and HuffPost to come.
Business Area: Content
Salary band: 72,000-82,000 USD
Union Status: Non Union
The Tasty lead video producer is an experienced professional who can help improve on compelling Tasty programming for our platforms, especially YouTube, and identify new talent and formats for our Tasty audience. You are well-versed in creating brand-defining content. Must be a native of the digital and pop cultural landscape with knowledge of social media, food content, and latest technology/platforms. You have advanced production skills, an experience discovering and nurturing talent and an interest in food and food-related content. You will report to the Head of Tasty.
You will work with your colleagues on the editorial video team, culinary team and social team to create original content, help brainstorm sessions and identify new formats to try. You'll develop, produce, and occasionally edit video content. You will challenge yourself to identify success and apply to iterative production. Through a basic understanding of analytics and a foundational comprehension of the digital landscape as it relates to Tasty, you can identify potential audiences and new opportunities.
Value experimentation and will lead new projects.
You have a level of experience that allows you to guide junior team members and train colleagues on best practices.
You value diversity of all types and can accomplish that commitment in content brainstorming and creation and building relationships with talent.
• From brainstorming to asset delivery, deliver videos that promote views and engagement on social media channels
• Develop clever ways to illustrate video concepts, creating and identifying new formats through an understanding of brand POV, analytics, our needs and the digital landscape
• Oversee pre-production, including research, casting/talent sourcing, scripting, crew, and location booking. Write treatments, shot lists and breakdowns. Organize shoots. Oversee post process to ensure delivery.
• Produce shoots and direct talent.
• Deliver edits that illustrate experience with what works on social media; shift between editing and overseeing editors
• Manage production queue, asset delivery, and upload across content management tools including Google Sheets and AirTable.
• Work collaboratively across departments including culinary, social, production and post
• Mentor junior team members and provide applicable training.
• Light recipe development and writing.
• Lead creative projects with manager oversight
• Take on more complex projects independently
• Have a clear understanding of how your work moves the business forward
• Arrive at unique solutions to complex problems
• Other tasks and projects related to Tasty, as assigned by leadership
• 4 years of experience with video production and familiarity with DSLR cameras, lighting, editing, and audio recording.
• 4 years experience creating compelling food content for the web
• Experience with food/cooking shows, both digital and linear
• Adept with the Adobe Creative Cloud
• Excellent collaboration skills including the ability to handle higher level cross departmental communications
• An understanding of YouTube, Instagram, Facebook and TikTok and what makes content shareable
• Excellent organizational, multitasking and communication skills
• The desire and skills to mentor junior colleagues
• Deliver quality content within an evolving digital environment
Life at BuzzFeed, Inc.
We celebrate inclusion and are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning at BuzzFeed (L@B) team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options.
• A great benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
We want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed, Inc. offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) and open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, and WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, and VT.