Lead HR Business Partner
BuzzfeedNew York, NY
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed, the social news and entertainment company, provides the most shareable breaking news, original reporting, entertainment and video across the social web.
BuzzFeed is hiring an experienced HR Business Partner to support BuzzFeed's Tech, News, and Admin organizations across the U.S. As a Lead HRBP, you will partner with company executives and senior managers to provide guidance on topics ranging from talent management and development, compensation, organizational effectiveness and design, employee relations, staffing and office culture. This role may also manage one to two additional HRBP team members.
As we continue to elevate our news brand, innovate our tech products, and expand the reach of our content, we need an HRBP who is well-versed in the excitement (and challenges) of being a modern tech, news and media company.
This is a truly strategic role with the opportunity to make a real impact on the business. You will be viewed as an expert regarding the development and delivery of competitive HR initiatives to the business while simultaneously managing ongoing programs – all with a healthy dose of humor!
BuzzFeed's People Team is dedicated to ensuring employing satisfaction at all stages of employment - from the first phone screen with a Recruiter, to talent development with an HRBP, and beyond. As part of the broader People Team at BuzzFeed, you'll work with some of the best human resources professionals in the business.
You'll report to our Senior Director of People and work from our New York, NY location with occasional travel to other BuzzFeed offices.
• Offer expert HR guidance to executives and senior leaders in areas including talent management, development, and retention; career planning; succession planning; employee relations, organizational design and effectiveness, total rewards, staffing/headcount planning and more.
• Serve as an advisor management regarding company policies, employee performance, culture/work environment and other issues; resolve conflicts effectively while minimizing legal exposure.
• Collaborate with other People Team members to lead and execute processes that allow for seamless People programs, employee development, and candidate experience.
• Remain current on HR practices along with applicable federal and local legislation and regulations and ensure compliance across your client groups
• Partner with Finance and business leaders to maintain employee headcount and assist with reporting on key metrics.
• Manage one to two HR staff who will also support these client groups.
• 4 years of significant HR Business Partner experience advising senior managers and leaders on all types of HR matters; experience in the media, tech, or television industries is a huge plus
• Experience managing organizational transformation and change management, especially within a changing media landscape
• Knowledge and practical application of HR disciplines including U.S employment and labor laws
• Proficiency in various HR technologies like HCM platforms (we use Workday) as well as general productivity tools like Google Apps and Slack
• The ability to operate in an extremely fast-moving client group with a high degree of autonomy
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
• A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
• Plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.