Lead Editor, News Curation
BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 2/16/2021 6:08:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Lead Editor, News Curation jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Lead Editor, News Curation postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Lead Editor, News Curation? The Role
BuzzFeed News is looking for a thoughtful and experienced social media strategist and manager to help lead our News Curation team, the newsroom's hub for distribution on- and off-platform. The team does everything from running social media accounts to working with editors on headlines and promotion plans for our biggest stories.
This is the chance to grow as a leader alongside an exciting and creative team. You will easily move between directing the team through breaking news situations - whether that's assigning a push alert, building a Twitter moment, or packaging a video - and guiding them through building strategies for garnering the biggest reach for our award-winning journalism.
Your day will involve managing the News Curation team, guiding them through carrying out our strategy on all of the platforms where BuzzFeed News lives, and thinking of how to reach new audiences. You will also work with desk editors and reporters to ensure that stories are packaged in a way that travels well online. This is a full-time position working evenings, and a dream job for a multi-tasker passionate about online platforms.
You will report to the Deputy Director of News Curation and work closely together to oversee operations. We offer a great benefits package and a stock option program.
• Oversee the daily output on BuzzFeed News' social media accounts, homepages, and distribution partners like Apple News.
• Understand complex stories in a timely fashion and prioritize their promotion, including breaking news events.
• Analyze stories before publishing to determine the best way to maximize its reach - not every story will get the same treatment.
• Explore new ways to tell stories across the internet, including new platforms.
• We prefer that you are based in NY, LA, DC or SF. We are working remotely, but we expect to eventually re-open our offices when it is safe to return, in summer 2021.
• Bachelor's degree. 2 or more years working experience editing an app, homepage, or social media accounts for a news organization preferred, although we're open to different career paths.
• Good news instincts and an eagerness to build them up.
• Experience in real-time social reporting: Not only live-tweeting press conferences and searching wires for photos, but also quickly identifying moments as important and how to best package them.
• An interest in why stories take off, and a hunger to learn about data and analytics.
• Experience managing at least one person.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
• A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you'll collaborate with inspiring colleagues to create tools, and content that helps connect people all over the world.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.