Junior Talent Booker
BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 3/4/2023 7:02:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Search for Junior Talent Booker jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Junior Talent Booker postings
Full Time Job
Junior Talent Booker (Project Based)
About BuzzFeed, Inc.
BuzzFeed, Inc. (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture and commerce, our brands drive conversation and inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, and obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed, Inc. is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news and entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, and creative; and inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders and creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks and HuffPost to come.
Business Area: Content
Job Category: Editorial
Salary: 20.00/hr USD
Union Status: Non Union
BuzzFeed is seeking an experienced, Los Angeles based Talent Booker, to secure access to a range of talent including social influencers, thought-leaders, and celebrity talent for our content teams. This role will serve as a key partner between BuzzFeed producers, writers, editors, and creatives, helping to establish celebrity-driven formats and strategize about how to best use celebrity-driven content across BuzzFeed's ecosystem. The role will require a deep knowledge of celebrity culture and entertainment to pitch content that features celebrities, influencers, and external talent. The ideal candidate should be a strong collaborator, creative problem solver, and have an extensive rolodex of contacts within the entertainment community.
• Represent BuzzFeed in the talent community, growing and maintaining relationships with talent and their representation.
• Strategize quarterly outreach for celebrity talent to expand BuzzFeed's overall presence in the celebrity space.
• Oversee high-profile celebrity shoots and ensure all parties are satisfied with the outcome while being physically present on set.
• Source celebrity and influencer talent across all platforms (photo, video, and social activations) for all BuzzFeed brands.
• Create and maintain rosters of preferred talent, to facilitate talent requests.
• Collaborate with producers and editors on talent-driven ideas for content, maintaining the popularity of BuzzFeed's popular celebrity formats while also experimenting with new and innovative formats that can further BuzzFeed's presence in the entertainment and lifestyle space.
• Identify emerging talent across all content verticals, and have a finger on the pulse on the ever-evolving influencer and social media landscape.
• Grow and expand the way that the talent community currently thinks of the BuzzFeed brand, and the ways in which they are willing to be integrated into BuzzFeed's channels and content.
• 1-2 years experience in talent booking.
• Possesses the communication abilities to create a network of relationships across the talent community (managers, publicists, labels, studios, networks, etc.).
• Encyclopedic knowledge of celebrities and influencers across entertainment and lifestyle space, including digital-specific talent such as influencers, YouTubers, and high-profile creators on various social platforms.
• Strategic and creative thinker.
• Can internally communicate ideas to producers for celebrity interviews, and facilitate a creative environment to iterate off of existing ones.
• Up to date on trends, celebrity, entertainment, and industry news.
• Detail-oriented, able to work well under pressure, and adhere to fast and changing deadlines.
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills.
• Proven ability to manage relationships in a professional setting.
Life at BuzzFeed, Inc.
We celebrate inclusion and are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
We want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed, Inc. offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) and open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, and WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, and VT.