Junior Graphic Designer
BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The BuzzFeed Design team is looking for a hard-working Junior Graphic Designer for a full-time paid position, to start as soon as possible. We are looking for someone with a passion for design and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Help create graphics for a wide variety of subjects and clients
• Observe current design trends on social media and across the web
• Work with the content team to come up with creative solutions to illustrate posts, videos and distributed assets
• Assist the editorial and branded design teams with the creation of headers, infographics, illustrations, animations, typography treatments and more
• Optimize and prepare files for web
• Motion experience (a major plus)
• A degree or course of study in graphic design
• Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
• Adobe After Effects experience (a plus)
• The ability to work under tight deadlines
• Good communication skills and a talent for collaboration
• An interest in current events, pop culture, and social media
*Please include a link to a portfolio site of your recent work. No PDFs or dropbox links please.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
• A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
• Plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.