Junior Branded Content Editor
BuzzfeedNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Junior Branded Content Editor (Fixed Term)
Complex Networks is a subsidiary of BuzzFeed, Inc.
Complex Networks is a global youth entertainment network spanning major pop culture categories including streetwear and style, food, music, sneakers and sports. Complex Networks is diversified around three pillars: advertising, e-commerce, and content where it creates and distributes original programming for Gen Z and Millennial audiences through premium distributors such as Netflix, Hulu, Turner, Corus, Facebook, Snap, YouTube, Roku and more. Additionally, Complex Networks generates revenue through a number of core business lines, including branded content and advertising, licensing, events, e-commerce, and agency consulting services.
As the Junior Branded Content Editor , Branded Entertainment, you will serve as a creative partner for Complex Campaigns under BuzzFeed Inc. for all assigned Request for Proposal Slacks/Meetings, brainstorms, and campaigns. Your role will span Branded categories and verticals, touching on everything from style to auto and QSR, entertainment to music and sneakers. As the Fixed Term Branded Content Associate, you will both lead your own campaigns and support more senior editors from the Branded Entertainment team, utilizing your expertise and experience in the space to work collaboratively across teams at Complex to both ideate and execute high impact content from a 360 lens (editorial, video, and social). Additionally, you will speak to Branded Entertainment best practices both internally and externally as required, as well as keep abreast of Branded Entertainment trends and advancements to contribute to the enhancement of the team's overall workflow.
• Serve as lead editorial creative on assigned downloads and campaigns, including pre-sale ideation and all aspects of post-sale execution
• Assist in the development of new editorial/video/social products within the multiple spaces, including style, entertainment, QSR, auto, shopping, music, sneakers and more
• Work alongside campaign producers, as well as the editorial team, to execute Branded Entertainment packages that elevate both the Complex voice and address our partners' business goals
• Collaborate with Production team on the development of all assigned shoots, including concepts/questions, locations, models/talent, and timelines
• Attend assigned photo/video shoots to conduct on-set interviews and ensure editorial vision and brand partners are represented and executed at the highest standards
• Collaborate with the Strategy team to concept and write stories that stay true to Complex's authentic voice while adhering to client KPIs
• Represent Branded Entertainment team-both internally and externally-on production and client calls/meetings as needed
• Collaborate with Talent team to identify the best subjects to be featured in branded campaigns that both meet client needs and are relevant to Complex's core audience
• Work collaboratively with Partner Solutions Managers on all deadlines and timelines associated with assigned campaigns, including proactively communicating delays and launch times
• Oversee editorial budgets for all assigned campaigns and ensure all associated invoices/timesheets are processed in a timely manner
• Be mindful of performance goals, focused on achieving them, and use key learnings to improve on every campaign
• Continue to ideate and develop Branded Entertainment franchises that help optimize our creative efforts and ability to win new business with turnkey content executions
• Ensure all relevant elements of assigned campaigns are included and regularly updated on the BC Content Tracker, including key dates, live links, and keywords
• Keep multiple, concurrent campaigns on deadline
• Manage the Branded Content Campaign Directory in concert with senior staff
• Provide occasional general office support for the Branded Entertainment team, including the maintenance of all universal departmental docs (i.e. BC Tracker, glossary, BC franchise ideas, etc.) and some help with freelancer invoicing, contracting, and payment
About BuzzFeed, Inc.
BuzzFeed, Inc. is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
Life at BuzzFeed, Inc.
We celebrate inclusion and are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options.
• A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
We want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed, Inc. offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) and open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, and WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, and VT.