Huffpost Video Producer
BuzzfeedNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 7/20/2022 10:08:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Content Creator Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Search for Huffpost Video Producer jobs in New York-NY
Search all Huffpost Video Producer postings
Full Time Job
HuffPost is a subsidiary of BuzzFeed, Inc.
As part of our esteemed news organization, HuffPost is a leading source of award-winning news and commentary for the most diverse and connected generation ever- with reporting spanning across politics, lifestyle, entertainment and more. HuffPost believes in putting people before power and telling the stories that too often go unheard, from the voices that matter.
HuffPost is looking for a creative producer with experience in digital video workflows. You will report to the Manager Editor, Video.
This role's typical shifts take place during U.S. Eastern Time, Monday to Friday, and may occasionally involve evening or weekend work to cover large news events outside of those hours.
This position is in the WGA-E bargaining unit.
• Script several short-form videos for HuffPost's website and social media pages on a daily basis, working with video editors to maintain a high standard of output while ensuring a fast turnaround.
• Pitch and produce longer pieces that feature original interviews that give extra context and analysis to the stories of the day. This could also involve producing interviews in-studio and in the field.
Part of what makes BuzzFeed, Inc. a pioneer in digital media is our commitment to exploring new ventures that lead to spreading truth and joy. As such, you may be asked to share your knowledge with your colleagues through presentations or trainings, to screen and interview job candidates, or to take part in recruitment or networking events on behalf of the company and be part of a union.
• 1 years production experience in a news
• The ability to pitch story ideas following HuffPost's voice and mission
• Familiarity with different video formats and social platforms
• The ability to work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced news environment
• Writing skills paired with experience with visual storytelling
• The ability to distill complicated stories into short scripts
• Knowledge of news, politics and current affairs - and the world of culture and entertainment
• Experience using DSLR cameras to film interviews in studio and the field
• Knowledge of Adobe Premiere / After Effects / Photoshop
• A showreel of previous work (viewable by web links)
About BuzzFeed, Inc.
BuzzFeed, Inc. is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
Life at BuzzFeed, Inc.
We celebrate inclusion and are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options.
• A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
At BuzzFeed, Inc., we want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed, Inc. offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) and open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, and WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, and VT.