Huffpost Analyst, Strategic Growth & Insight
Full Time Job
HuffPost is a subsidiary of BuzzFeed, Inc.
As part of our esteemed news organization, HuffPost is a leading source of award-winning news and commentary for the most diverse and connected generation ever- with reporting spanning across politics, lifestyle, entertainment and more. HuffPost believes in putting people before power and telling the stories that too often go unheard, from the voices that matter.
Business Area: HuffPost
Category: International News
Salary band: 44,500-50,000 GBP
Union Status: Non Union
The news division at BuzzFeed, Inc. is seeking an analyst to work in our business team, based in London and supporting both HuffPost and BuzzFeed News globally with strategic audience and revenue insights, deep-dive analysis and regular reporting/dashboards. With a focus on developing reader engagement and monetisation across both brands, this role will be critical in supporting strategic editorial, product and commercial initiatives, including:
• Content performance analysis to grow reader engagement on and off our sites
• Analysis of social, SEO and other audience development strategies
• Measure and evaluate the performance of product development initiatives to improve the site's user-experience for readers
• Forecasting of audience and revenue for OKRs, commercial sponsorship volumes and other new business development opportunities
• Delivering audience research insights (e.g. demographic/attitudinal/behavioral characteristics) to support commercial sponsorship pitches
• Supporting our commerce operation with strategic insight to drive sales and affiliate revenue
• Analysing drivers of loyalty and formulating strategies to increase user retention
The successful candidate will be a technical expert who masters our analytics tools, making complex data understandable to non-technical audiences and finding key insights that help grow our engagement and commercial outlook. The role will report into the Director of Strategic Growth & Insight based in London.
Part of what makes BuzzFeed a pioneer in digital media is our commitment to exploring new ventures that lead to spreading truth and joy. As such, you may be asked to share your knowledge with your colleagues through presentations or trainings, to screen and interview job candidates, or to take part in recruitment or networking events on behalf of the company.
• Degree-level qualification in a relevant quantitative discipline is preferred
• Experience of working in the media or tech industry in an analytical role is preferred
• Experience using web analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Omniture or similar
• Some experience with SQL, especially Google BigQuery, would be beneficial
• Data visualisation experience e.g. Looker, Google Data Studio, Tableau
• Strong Excel skills
• The ability to summarise, present, clarify and explain complex data to a broad range of stakeholders across all levels of the business
• Solid understanding of the digital media industry, especially within news publishing
• Demonstration of working collaboratively with a range of internal and external stakeholders with differing profiles, using insights to drive decision-making
Ideal but not necessary
• Email CRM software (e.g. Campaign Monitor, Sailthru)
• Experience with social insights tools (e.g. Facebook/Twitter platform data, CrowdTangle, Shareablee, NewsWhip)
• SEO data experience (e.g. Google Search Console data, Core Web Vitals (CWVs), Semrush, Screaming Frog)
• Understanding of editorial and technical SEO best practices
About BuzzFeed, Inc.
BuzzFeed, Inc. is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
Life at BuzzFeed, Inc.
We celebrate inclusion and are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options.
• A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.