HR Business Partner
BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed is hiring an experienced HR Business Partner to support BuzzFeed's organizations in Los Angeles, CA. As an HRBP, you will partner with company executives, local managers, and employees to provide guidance on topics ranging from talent management and development, compensation, organizational effectiveness and design, employee relations, staffing and office culture.
You'll support the HR needs of our Content division. As we continue to grow in the areas of social video, web series, and branded partnerships, we need an HRBP who is well-versed in the excitement (and challenges) of being a modern media company. As such, prior experience in digital media or entertainment content experience is a strong qualifier for this role.
This is a very hands-on role with the opportunity to make a real impact on the business. You will be viewed as an expert regarding the development and delivery of various HR initiatives to the business while simultaneously managing ongoing programs and tackling daily tasks – all with a healthy dose of humor!
BuzzFeed's People Team is dedicated to ensuring employing satisfaction at all stages of employment - from the first phone screen with a Recruiter, to talent development with an HRBP, and beyond. As part of the broader People Team at BuzzFeed, you'll work with some of the best human resources professionals in the business.
You'll report to our Director of People and work from our West Hollywood, CA, location with occasional travel to other BuzzFeed offices.
• Offer expert HR guidance to local managers and individuals in areas including talent management, development, and retention; career planning; succession planning; employee relations, organizational design and effectiveness, total rewards, staffing/headcount planning and more
• Be an advisor to employees and management regarding company policies, employee performance, culture/work environment and other issues; resolve conflicts effectively while minimizing legal exposure.
• Collaborate with other People Team members to guide processes that allow for seamless People programs, employee development, and candidate experience.
• Remain current on HR practices along with applicable federal and local legislation and regulations and ensure compliance across your client groups
• Partner with Finance and business leaders to maintain employee headcount and assist with reporting on key metrics.
• 6 years of significant HR generalist experience advising clients on all types of HR matters; experience in the media or television industries is a huge plus
• Experience managing organizational transformation and change management, especially within a changing media landscape
• Solid business acumen and understanding of US labor laws
• Proficiency in various HR technologies like HCM platforms (we use Workday) as well as general productivity tools like Google Apps and Slack
• The ability to operate in an extremely fast-moving client group with a high degree of autonomy
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.