HR Business Partner
BuzzfeedNew York, NY
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed is in immediate need of an experienced HR Business Partner to support BuzzFeed News and HuffPost. As an HRBP, you will partner with company executives, managers, and employees to provide guidance on topics such as talent management, career development, compensation, organizational effectiveness and design, employee relations, staffing, and office culture.
You'll support the HR needs of our growing and ambitious News division. We need an HRBP who is eager to support a client group comprised of great reporters and editors who publish impactful journalism that has freed the wrongfully convicted from prison, unearthed government secrets, and has been at the forefront of online and pop culture. This HRBP should be well-versed in the excitement (and challenges) of supporting a fast-paced client group - virtually, and, eventually, in-person - that is part of a modern media company. As such, prior experience in the news and media experience and union experience are strong qualifiers for this role. Also important is a track record of influencing decisions that enable fair and transparent employment practices, and that advance diversity, inclusion and belonging.
This is a truly hands-on role with the opportunity to support world-class journalists and make a real impact on the business. We're looking for someone with the expertise to develop and deliver competitive and strategic HR initiatives, manage our ongoing programs, and tackle daily tasks – all with a healthy dose of humor!
BuzzFeed's People Team is dedicated to ensuring employing satisfaction at all stages of employment - from the first phone screen with a Recruiter, to talent development with an HRBP, and beyond. As part of the broader People Team at BuzzFeed, you'll work with some of the best human resources professionals in the business.
Our News team believes that journalism at its best has an impact on its audience and on the world - whether it's telling a story that would otherwise go untold, or changing the world at large through public policy.
You'll report to our Director of People and will be based out of NYC.
• Offer expert HR guidance to managers and individuals in areas including talent management, development, and retention; career planning; succession planning; employee relations, organizational design and effectiveness, total rewards, staffing/headcount planning and more
• Serve as counselor and or advocate to employees and management regarding company policies, employee performance, culture/work environment and other issues; resolve conflicts effectively while minimizing legal exposure.
• Collaborate with other People Team members to lead and execute processes that allow for seamless People programs, employee development, and candidate experience.
• Remain current on HR practices along with applicable federal and local legislation and regulations and ensure compliance across your client groups
• Partner with Finance and business leaders to maintain employee headcount and assist with reporting on key metrics.
• 6 years of HR experience, minimum of 3 years in a role directly advising clients on all types of HR matters
• Experience at other media companies and/or publishers is a plus
• Experience managing organizational transformation and change management, especially within a changing media landscape
• Previous experience working with unions and unionized workforce
• Solid business acumen and understanding of US labor laws
• Proficiency in various HR technologies like HCM platforms (we use Workday) as well as general productivity tools like Google Apps and Slack
• The ability to influence leaders at different levels in a fast-moving environment with a high degree of autonomy
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
• A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.