Head Of Audience Development
BuzzfeedNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Head Of Audience Development, Buzzfeed.Com
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is looking for a data-driven and digital media obsessed Audience Development lead to oversee a team of strategists supporting BuzzFeed.com's on and off-platform growth. The ideal candidate is an experienced manager with a strong editorial background who has proven success leveraging data and insights to create long-term growth strategies and initiatives while maintaining a brand's editorial POV. In this role, you'll go beyond social strategy to partner with stakeholders and editorial leads on new and innovative ways to achieve multiple growth goals (traffic, audience diversification, revenue, engagement, and retention).
• Manage our SEO, newsletter, site operations, curation, and insights teams and setting a vision and growth plan for each of these functions
• Create growth-focused cross-team initiatives and innovative solutions to audience challenges and ability to execute against them
• Regular presenting data and action-based analyses and reports to editorial stakeholders to inform internal and competitive content strategy
• Partner with editorial leads on structured experiments and supporting them with tracking, analysis, and creative problem solving
• Lead teamwide communication efforts on trends, insights, and goaling
• Be obsessed with feedback loops to form impactful strategic decisions
• Hands-on work with editorial across various content types (quizzes, lifestyle, pop culture, etc.) on growth and distribution plans
• Oversee the curatorial and syndication efforts of our site and app, with a strong focus on performance, relevancy, and editorial POV
• Develop strategy and workflow for content packaging on and off-platform
• 7 years of professional experience in audience development, social media, and/or content creation at a major brand or media outlet
• Proven people management experience and metrics-focused leadership
• Analytics experience using tools like Google Analytics, Google Search Console, CrowdTangle, and Looker
• Meaningful experience and/or deep understanding of social platforms, SEO, email newsletters, partnerships, syndication, site publishing, etc.
• Highly skilled and influential communicator who can get multiple teams on board with your execution plan and vision
• Excellent editorial judgment with experience writing/editing, engaging and growing audiences
• Passion for the BuzzFeed brand and voice
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.