Global Operations Associate
BuzzfeedNew York, NY
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed is looking for a highly organized, versatile, and self motivated Operations Associate to support operations and video production teams across our international markets. You will help coordinate freelancers, video productions and post production schedules, as well as tracking budgets, tackling spending, and keeping in close communication with teams in our International offices as well as keeping them in good touch with one another. This role primarily supports the international content and production teams, across editorial, branded and media brands.
You'll be based in the NYC office, as part of the kick-ass BuzzFeed International team. Additionally, you'll help support teams scattered throughout the world, from Mexico City and London to Berlin and Sydney.
• Coordinate our freelance and vendor payment processes: Tracking freelance spending, processing invoices, purchase orders and check requests
• Track budgets and consult on spending
• Support NY post-production processes, including editor and assistant editor bookings and payment
• Help to improve communication and efficiency across all teams
• Analyze workflows, and suggest improvements, to achieve departmental progress while maintaining the BuzzFeed culture
• Develop a thorough understanding of BuzzFeed video products and offerings
• Coordinate and manage subscriptions, email aliases and newsletters.
• Coordinate onboarding for new international hires
• Coordinate travel bookings.
• Build a truly global company culture by supporting and connecting our global teams
• Occasionally support the VP International or Executive Creative Director, on special projects.
• There is the opportunity to shoot and edit video content from time to time.
• 2 years experience in operations management, consulting or similar field in a content creation environment
• Experience in managing a portfolio of projects simultaneously with the ability to problem solve
• A strong working knowledge of Google Docs, Excel and other Office products
• Keen interest in developing nimble systems and tools to help
• High level of attention to detail, excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize demands and meet deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills for working at various levels, especially with both creative and technical partners
• Excel in a fast-paced environment built on success
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• As a bonus you can operate a DSLR video cameras and edit in Premiere.
• No haters!
Please submit a descriptive resume as well as a cover letter in order to be considered for this job.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
• A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
• No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you'll work collaboratively with inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, and content that helps connect people all over the world.