BuzzfeedNew York, NY
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed is looking for a smart, detail-oriented person to serve as a Finance Associate. This person will be responsible for supporting the company's FP&A requirements across multiple divisions. Responsibilities will include owning FP&A models, supporting analysis for long-term planning options, tracking key business operational metrics and producing monthly financial/operational reports.
Beyond the traditional FP&A needs, this role will require strong organizational skills to help manage the department's expenses, guide discussions with senior managers across the division and evaluate/implement strategic operational projects for top management. This is a dynamic role that serves the finance department. This person will report to a Director and will routinely interface with BuzzFeed's top management. This is an ideal position for an individual who has gained strong finance experience at an investment bank or accounting firm and now seeks to apply those skills to a fast-growing entrepreneurial company.
• Create analyses that guide financial strategic decisions, including but not limited to the ability to forecast and pace revenue to highlight areas of risk and opportunity and optimize costs
• Lead and support ad-hoc strategic analyses, developing key insights that support business initiatives
• Evaluate and develop business cases in support of new product launches
• Help establish actionable, operating metrics and reports; track and analyze key business drivers, macro and micro market trends, and operating metrics
• Review and own the budgets and forecasts across multiple divisions and support their strategic planning processes
• Strong quantitative and excel financial modeling skills and understanding of financial statements and quantitative performance metrics
• 4 years work experience
• Ability to communicate with Senior Leadership and influence and guide change through value added input
• High level of attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and ability to handle and prioritize multiple work streams while making sure all analysis is error free
• Ability to manage analysts and associated day to day responsibilities
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment and celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for growth and development via work experience and offerings from our in-house Learning Team
• Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, and more
• An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
• A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
• No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and hard work (fused with fun). At BuzzFeed, you'll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.