Executive Producer, Tasty
BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/22/2022 9:08:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Content Creator Category
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Search for Executive Producer, Tasty jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Executive Producer, Tasty postings
Full Time Job
About BuzzFeed, Inc.
BuzzFeed, Inc. (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture and commerce, our brands drive conversation and inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, and obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed, Inc. is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news and entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, and creative; and inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders and creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks and HuffPost to come.
Business Area: Content
Salary band: 100,000-115,000 USD
Union Status: Non Union
BuzzFeed Tasty is looking for an Executive Producer to oversee creative production for all formats. You are passionate about food and food programming, pop culture and internet trends. Through an understanding of analytics, a foundational comprehension of the digital landscape and a firm, clear grasp of the Tasty voice, you will hone the creative direction of Tasty content across all platforms. You have experience with series development, short-form digital video, and social platform distribution. Your knowledge of brand and company strategic plans will inform creative direction, and you will be able to communicate those goals to colleagues and partners. You will report to the Head of Tasty, Editorial.
You will ensure culinary production best practices are met and, with the Head of Tasty, creating the channel programming strategy across platforms. You will bring ideas to the table and oversee creative execution promptly and within budget. Must be a native of the digital and pop culture landscape with intimate knowledge of digital video platforms, food content and latest technology/platforms.
You are equally comfortable in creative and business meetings, and you can identify new opportunities. You embody curiosity and nimbleness and lead by example. You value diversity of all types and can build that commitment in recruiting, building relationships with talent and creating content strategies.
• Be a leader who hones the creative vision for all formats, identifying and facilitating execution of new directions for the brand.
• Determine creative decisions to the team
• Inspire a team of producers to create brand-defining content
• Provide creative leadership, planning bootcamps and team brainstorm to facilitate Tasty's approach to food content
• Strategize across multiple audiences, start new programs that produce revenue and have the capacity to build new audiences
• Identify synergies and brand opportunities within the larger Tasty business
• Improve other video creative by giving effective and relevant feedback
• Identify trending formats, creators and products the team can use in their content
• Analyze the results of your team's work to apply insights to future productions, with regard to audience response and performance metrics
• Work with leadership to grow Tasty and explore new partnership and sales opportunities
• Understand and ensure the Tasty content supports corporate goals
• Be a point person for cross-functional teams regarding Tasty's content POV
• Reduce and resolve conflict through effective and empathetic communication
• 5 years experience as a senior or supervising producer
• 7 years proven experience creating compelling food content for digital spaces
• In-depth knowledge of culinary video production
• Experience in multiple video production models
• Impeccable judgment regarding food's cultural significance and ties to identity
• An understanding of how to create and monetize shareable content for a variety of media platforms
• Experience giving creative notes and workshopping creative ideas and giving relevant technical notes
• Knowledge of changing digital and traditional media landscape
• Experience producing or overseeing production of both short- and mid- to long-form content
• Leadership-level experience and comfort with client and partner meetings
• Excellent multitasking and communication skills
• Motivate a team to accomplish brand and our goals
• Familiarity with off-platform brand growth
• The ability to create new revenue streams
Life at BuzzFeed, Inc.
We celebrate inclusion and are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options.
• A great benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
We want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed, Inc. offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) and open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, and WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, and VT.