BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Equipment Coordinator (Project Based)
About BuzzFeed, Inc.
BuzzFeed, Inc. (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture and commerce, our brands drive conversation and inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, and obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed, Inc. is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news and entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, and creative; and inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders and creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks and HuffPost to come.
Business Area: Content
Job Category: Editorial
Salary: 23/hr USD
Union Status: Non Union
BuzzFeed Inc. is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. We reserve the ability to adjust the final compensation for this role based on the final candidate's experience, skillset, certifications, and geography.
BuzzFeed is looking for an Equipment Coordinator to join our Los Angeles Production Technology team. BuzzFeed produces a wide scope of diverse content, ranging from short form social media content to BuzzFeed episodic shows. This role will be integral in the smooth day-to-day operation of our equipment inventory, which includes managing orders and discussing build options with producers of varying experience.
• Provide friendly, helpful day-to-day support to our content producers for their equipment needs.
• Assemble orders for check-out and prep them for pickup/delivery using equipment check-out/check-in system.
• Receive returns and restock shelves to rebuild inventory.
• Assess equipment and gear for function and working quality.
• Answering simple questions from users regarding equipment recommendations.
• Escalate any equipment damage or policy infractions to the Equipment Lead.
• Perform simple repairs on cameras, lighting, and grip equipment as necessary.
• Package and ship equipment orders to producer's residences or the BuzzFeed New York office.
• Implement new policy decisions as directed by the Equipment Lead.
• 1 years experience of on-set grip, gaff, camera, or sound experience
• Prefer 1 years experience in an equipment rental house
• Familiarity with camera, lenses & other production gear
• Ability to work in a high pressure, fast paced production environment
• Exhibit polished and timely written/verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently and with a team
• Equipment service/maintenance experience a plus
Life at BuzzFeed, Inc.
We celebrate inclusion and are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
We want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed, Inc. offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) and open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, and WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, and VT.
$23.00 per hour