Editorial Team Lead - Personal Finance
BuzzfeedNew York, NY
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is looking for a strong creative and business lead for a full-time, 6 month contract position on our US team (with possibility to extend after the first 6 months). As part of a new editorial endeavor, the person in this role will hire and lead a small team focused on creating accessible and inclusive personal finance content for a largely millennial and Gen Z audience.
The ideal candidate will have a strong perspective on Personal Finance, experience leading a cross-functional team, exceptional communication skills, and an interest in moving quickly and working collaboratively to create compelling audience-driven content.
If you're the type of person who could whip up a budget in their sleep, knows how to hack their way around the credit card points system, and isn't afraid to have a frank conversation about money with friends, we'd love to hear from you!
• Develop and execute a content strategy across multiple platforms to build audience and readership within the broad scope of Personal Finance
• Hire and manage a small team of writers, producers and freelance contributors
• Work with the social and audience development teams to analyze performance data and trends to be shared with internal business and content teams
• Professional experience in the area of Personal Finance content, or a very strong personal interest and high level of knowledge
• An understanding of the broader finance industry and the challenges facing millennials and Gen Z
• Experience hiring and managing people in creative roles, especially writers and/or video producers
Nice to Haves:
• Experience with SEO
• Experience working on affiliate marketing content or other performance-driven campaigns
FYI - just because you don't have a college degree or meet every requirement doesn't mean we don't want to hear from you. If you think you'd be a good fit for the job anyway, use your application to show us why!
In lieu of a traditional cover letter, please include a response to the following with your application:
• Tell us the best and worst piece of money advice you've ever been given
• Tell us about a couple of personal finance tools or resources that you're passionate about
• Tell us about where you see the most compelling and accessible personal finance content on the internet right now
• Include links to any relevant previous work, social media profiles, or portfolios
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation and benefits package
• Plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.