Editorial Production Assistant, Buzzfeed Reviews
BuzzfeedNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Editorial Production Assistant, BuzzFeed Reviews (project-based)
BuzzFeed is looking for an editorial production assistant to support and manage the internal workflow at BuzzFeed Reviews, BuzzFeed's growing product reviews site. We're looking for an enthusiast who gets excited by Google spreadsheets and all things shopping. You will be impeccably organized and have a background in writing and project management, and experience supporting editorial and marketing teams reach their goals.
This is a 3-month contract to start, full-time in the BuzzFeed NY office.
• Partner closely with Managing Editor to manage logistical operations for all review project phases, from research to testing and publishing
• Oversee daily shipping and receiving of review products
• Manage timeliness and promote processes that help the team succeed
• Partner closely with writers to manage testing phases, both overseeing testing parameters and organizing test groups
• Collaborate closely with social team to schedule and create content, from overseeing product needs to effectively packaging content
• Partner with Managing Editor to ensure clean and timely deployment weekly newsletters
• Pitch and write occasional stories
• Contribute to editorial planning and strategy process
• 2 years working at a digital media company
• Strong communication skills
• Are comfortable with a sizable operation with many moving parts
• Firm understanding of the BuzzFeed audience and voice
• Previous affiliate experience a big plus
• Submit your resume
• FYI - just because you don't meet every requirement doesn't mean we don't want to hear from you. If you think you'd be a good fit for the job anyway, use your cover letter to tell us why!
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, and humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you'll work collaboratively with inspiring colleagues to create tools and content that helps connect people all over the world.