BuzzfeedNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 6/16/2022 3:08:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Search for Director jobs in New York-NY
Search all Director postings
Full Time Job
Complex Networks is a subsidiary of BuzzFeed, Inc.
Complex Networks is a global youth entertainment network spanning major pop culture categories including streetwear and style, food, music, sneakers and sports. Complex Networks is diversified around three pillars: advertising, e-commerce, and content where it creates and distributes original programming for Gen Z and Millennial audiences through premium distributors such as Netflix, Hulu, Turner, Corus, Facebook, Snap, YouTube, Roku and more. Additionally, Complex Networks generates revenue through a number of core business lines, including branded content and advertising, licensing, events, e-commerce, and agency consulting services.
• Manage live action directing project for the BPS Production team on large and small scale ad campaigns
• Aiding several teams in presale to develop concepts, show ideas & pitches.
• Write treatments, scripts, shotlists, storyboards & visual approaches.
• Assist the other videographers by giving feedback on projects
• Manage set during production, collaborating with Studio Managers and Technicians on lighting, shot composition, etc.
• Collaborate with producers to ensure all project requirements are met
• Make sure each project has an acceptable number of members on the team working on each aspect of the project
• Must be aware of video production inclusive of post production - oversing edits and communicating with editors, designers, sound mixers, colorists, etc and have knowledge of those areas.
• Familiarity with major markets: LA/NYC/MIA/CHI
• Travel as needed for department projects
• You will report to a senior director, production
• 3 years of filming experience with branded content
• Experience writing creative treatments and pitches.
• Knowledge of video shoot best practices
• Experience directly working with brands & clients in addition to agencies to sell and convey video concepts.
• Have directed branded content/commercial shoots
• Someone with fresh perspectives.
• High-capacity, multi-tasking person who is able to work independently
• Adaptable and comfortable reworking concepts on the fly
• Manage Complexity
• Action Oriented
• Drive Results
• Situational Adaptability
• Highly Organized & detail oriented
About BuzzFeed, Inc.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
Life at BuzzFeed, Inc.
We celebrate inclusion and are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options.
• A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
We want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed, Inc. offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) and open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, and WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, and VT.