Director Of Product Strategy, Buzzfeed Media Brands
BuzzfeedNew York, NY
Full Time Job
About the Role:
BuzzFeed is is looking for a media professional with experience developing results-oriented and revenue-producing integrated campaigns for our Media Brands. We are looking for someone who has vast knowledge of key advertiser categories and is deep routed in integrated marketing solutions to increase revenue growth. This Director will work cross-functionally across our editorial, sales and media brands teams to identify new opportunities and guide the go to market strategy for BuzzFeed Media Brands.
• Be a trusted voice of the business for our Media Brands by surfacing meaningful insights to shape our product direction and ensure product-market fit
• Define product vision with senior management and manage its execution
• Work cross-functionally to ensure product development is thoroughly accomplished and designed for optimal growth
• Develop go-to-market plans connected to the product roadmap that can be integrated across our media brands or as a stand alone strategy
• Proactively identify key opportunities that can be standardized, packaged and rolled out as new compelling sales opportunities
• Display exemplary storytelling skills using data-driven results, research and ability to solve problems quickly to meet advertiser goals by positioning our Media Brands as the optimal solution to their marketing needs
• Partner with Sales team to ensure RFP responses communicate the Media Brands value to the advertiser and that all opportunities are properly vetted and representative of the most recent capabilities and Media Brands strategy
• 6 years of digital ad product and marketing experience.
• Accomplished storyteller – Combines research with written, verbal and design skills to communicate ideas with proven success
• Significant experience communicating and interacting with all levels of management
• Deep understanding of digital ad marketplace, competitive pricing and key players (online, mobile, OTT and social media)
• Experience operating across organizations and functions
• A passion for creativity and the desire to develop dynamic and exceptionally effective advertising strategies
• No formal cover letters, please. Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this particular position.
• Attach a resume
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment and celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for growth and development via work experience and offerings from our in-house Learning Team
• Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, and more
• An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
• A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
• No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and hard work (fused with fun). At BuzzFeed, you'll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.