Director Of Post Production
BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed is looking for an enthusiastic, conscientious and experienced production leader to direct and organize the post production of our editorial and branded video content.
The Director of Post Production manages all aspects of post-production for BuzzFeed's editorial and branded video content, including BuzzFeed Originals, Media Brands, and internal series, including budgeting, scheduling, and staffing.
You will manage the assignments and activities of all editors, assistant editors, post production managers, and post production coordinators to ensure projects stay on schedule and within budget. You'll also partner with producers and content leads to create schedules and budgets and assist teams in the delivery process of all content.
You are creative, collaborative and passionate about creating fresh solutions to complex problems. You're comfortable working in a dynamic setting and balancing changing priorities, staying aware of the big picture while also minding the details. You're an expert at multitasking all while having fun and maintaining a BuzzFeed-y sense of humor. You will collaborate with departments across the organization including content leads, showrunners, creative directors, Production, Finance, Facilities, and People teams.
• Lead strategic planning management and operation of post production for BuzzFeed
• Allocate and schedule post production employees to producers and their projects.
• Oversee post production for projects in development, pre-production and production stages.
• Deep understanding of both low, mid and high budget digital production.
• Experience in budgeting and estimating costs for methods of production, understanding the nuances in treatments and reporting them to senior management; expertise in bottom-up budgeting
• Promote collaboration between senior management assigned to the project; troubleshoot daily production.
• Contribute to vendor relationships to determine specifications and scope of associated projects and communicating those details to leaders within scope of responsibility to accomplish
• Communicate and coordinates with other teams throughout the company.
• Develop strategy and leads teams to perform against organizational deliverables/targets.
• Manage the daily assignments of post personnel, both staff and freelance
• 8 years experience with digital production, with experience as a post production supervisor, manager or equivalent.
• Deep understanding of post-production details and nuances.
• Significant experience managing teams and managers of teams including delegation, performance management, and coaching/career development.
• Experience supervising and prioritizing projects in various points of production (from development through delivery)
• Access to a long roster of high-quality vendors and talent
• Willingness to continue learning to ensure evolution of current production process
• Collaborative instincts and the ability to flourish in a dynamic, team-oriented setting
• Proficiency in Avid, Final Cut Pro, Premiere, Movie Magic Budgeting, MS Office and Google Suite
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
• A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
• No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you'll work collaboratively with inspiring colleagues to create technology and content that helps connect people all over the world.