Director Of Compensation
BuzzfeedNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 11/3/2020 11:08:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Human Resources Category
Search for Director Of Compensation jobs in New York-NY
Search all Director Of Compensation postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director Of Compensation? We currently have an opening for a Director of Compensation. Reporting to the Head of People, you will be responsible for the design, implementation and evaluation of the global compensation programs. This is a ''hands on'' role. You will be expected to both think strategically regarding vision and design of programs -- and also perform analysis and ensure compensation processes and other programs run smoothly. We are looking for someone with a strong background in broad-based and equity-based compensation, who is also passionate about analysis, program design, and teamwork. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic professional with a knack for getting things done and thrives in a very fast-paced environment.
• Partner with the People leadership team and executives to define and execute the total rewards strategy
• Lead the compensation function including base, short-term and long-term incentive compensation; semi-annual compensation review cycle; equity administration; market data survey participation
• Work with FP&A teams to forecast spends for anything compensation and benefits related
• Lead overall compensation planning for BuzzFeed from strategy to execution, including leading the annual compensation process
• Provide insight and leadership to team members and executives that will contribute to shaping the way we think about attracting and retaining the best people at BuzzFeed.
• Create and innovate compensation programs that meet the needs of our various functions, business areas, and growth
• Lead benchmarking, survey analysis, and analytics to elevate understanding of our competitiveness globally with a view toward evolving our compensation and benefits programs over time
• Manage, oversee and update as needed, our global compensation programs including cash, incentives, sales commission, equity and recognition
• Provide subject matter expertise and accurately interpret, counsel, communicate, and educate Recruiters, HR Business Partners, managers and executives on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretations, and job evaluations.
• 10 years of compensation experience; consulting experience a plus
• Experience in designing equity-based and commission-based compensation plans and programs
• Strong analytical rigor with the ability to effectively analyze data and create clear and comprehensive reports and recommendations
• Ability to lead and influence across multiple levels of an organization on key compensation topics
• Self-starter, independently motivated, leads oneself and others
• Comfort with ambiguity, uncertainty and rapidly evolving landscape
• Excellent written and visual communication skills
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
• A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
• Plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.