BuzzfeedNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 11/2/2021 2:08:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Search for Designer jobs in New York-NY
Search all Designer postings
Full Time Job
Designer (Project Based)
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
The BuzzFeed Design team needs a hard-working Graphic Designer for a full-time freelance position, to start as soon as possible. We are looking for someone with a passion for design and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Observe current design trends on social media and across the web
• Work closely with the design director to create timely and engaging graphics, illustrations, and short-form videos for a variety of brands
• Work with writers, animators, illustrators and designers to come up with concepts for best in class branded content
• Deep knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok)
• An interest in design and advertising
• A passion for experimentation, innovation and ideating on your successes
• A degree or course of study in graphic design, illustration or animation
• Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects (Animation experience a major plus)
• An ability to work under tight deadlines, juggle multiple projects at once, and adapt when asked to pivot
• Good communication skills and a talent for collaboration
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within and across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.