Designer, Core Brand
BuzzfeedNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 6/21/2022 7:08:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Search for Designer, Core Brand jobs in New York-NY
Search all Designer, Core Brand postings
Full Time Job
Complex Networks is a subsidiary of BuzzFeed Inc.
Complex Networks is a global youth entertainment network spanning major pop culture categories including streetwear and style, food, music, sneakers and sports. Complex Networks is diversified around three pillars: advertising, e-commerce, and content where it creates and distributes original programming for Gen Z and Millennial audiences through premium distributors such as Netflix, Hulu, Turner, Corus, Facebook, Snap, YouTube, Roku and more. Additionally, Complex Networks generates revenue through a number of core business lines, including branded content and advertising, licensing, events, e-commerce, and agency consulting services.
Complex Networks is seeking a talented mid-level Designer to join the Core Brand Design team.
• Work collaboratively within a team environment on numerous design projects across a variety of mediums
• Translate creative and art direction into design explorations for new series identities and graphic development of existing franchise
• Create editorial artwork for use on the web and across social platforms
• Contribute exploration and design to special projects across a variety of platforms and media
• Prepare concepts and drafts for internal and external review
• Incorporate best design practices into all creative work, ensuring the complete and timely delivery of all assigned assets
• Contribute to an inclusive and supportive team culture
• Stay up-to-date with current design trends and techniques, sharing information and inspiration with fellow designers
• Help identify emerging and established freelance talent when needed
• Action Oriented
• Drives Results
• Communicates Effectively
• Cultivates Innovation
• Ensures Accountability
• Minimum 3 years of professional design experience at a design firm, agency, publication, or media company, with an emphasis on branding, motion identity, and graphic design
• A natural ability to collaborate with others and thrive under pressure
• A refined, stylish approach to typography and layout compatible with the Complex Networks aesthetic
• Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills
• Must be imaginative, resourceful, and able to handle multiple projects efficiently and to a high standard
• Ability to work methodically to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Proficiency with Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign is a must and the ability to design for a motion graphics workflow is a plus
• A working knowledge of After Effects and Premiere is highly recommended
• Experience with Cinema 4D, Sketch, and UI/UX design is a plus
About BuzzFeed, Inc.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
Life at BuzzFeed, Inc.
We celebrate inclusion and are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options.
• A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
We want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed, Inc. offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) and open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, and WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, and VT.