BuzzfeedNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Complex Networks is a subsidiary of BuzzFeed, Inc.
Complex Networks is a global youth entertainment network spanning major pop culture categories including streetwear and style, food, music, sneakers and sports. Complex Networks is diversified around three pillars: advertising, e-commerce, and content where it creates and distributes original programming for Gen Z and Millennial audiences through premium distributors such as Netflix, Hulu, Turner, Corus, Facebook, Snap, YouTube, Roku and more. Additionally, Complex Networks generates revenue through a number of core business lines, including branded content and advertising, licensing, events, e-commerce, and agency consulting services.
• Provide support to the Creative Directors as well as Director of Creative Operations on team organization, team assignments, special projects, and administrative tasks
• Be highly organized with strong time-management and project management skills
• Manage multiple projects and requests, often within tight deadlines
• Track and route incoming projects, create and maintain production schedules, facilitate internal communication, and ensure proper process is followed throughout the project lifecycle
• Work with the accounting and legal teams to facilitate new vendor setups, invoice processing and tracking, and contracts and SOWs
• Use team's project management software to organize day-to-day tasks of multiple animators and designers
• QC all assets before delivery to ensure they are adhering to the project brief and following brand guidelines
• Support the management of photo production schedules, deliverables, and timelines for photo selects and edits
• Help coordinate all location scouting, travel arrangements, permits and other production logistics for photoshoots
• Assure all creative assets are organized and accessible across teams
• Be a strong team-player and tackle new and ever-changing challenges with a positive, balanced attitude
• Maintain exceptional situational awareness of key project dates and deliverables, incoming projects, and potential scheduling conflicts
• Maintain a birds-eye view of the health and balance of the team, communicating regularly with senior staff to proactively address any issues that may emerge
• Contribute to an inclusive and supportive team culture
• Help identify emerging and established freelance talent when needed
• Communicates Effectively
• Strategic Mindset
• Action Oriented
• Optimizes Work Processes
• Manages Conflict
• Organizational Savvy
• 2–3 years of project coordinating/management experience at a design firm, agency, publication, post house, or media company
• Advanced knowledge of design, video, or media operations including workflows and processes
• Experience working with designers and an understanding of the creative process is a must
• Ability to organize information and concisely present issues, recommendations, and conclusions
• Ability to manage time and resources for multiple projects at one time
• A natural ability to collaborate with others and thrive under pressure
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Polished interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with many styles of executives, producers, program managers, and subject matter experts
• Ability to work methodically to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
About BuzzFeed, Inc.
BuzzFeed, Inc. is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
Life at BuzzFeed, Inc.
We celebrate inclusion and are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options.
• A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
We want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed, Inc. offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) and open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, and WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, and VT.