BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed is seeking a creative producer to create custom branded content for its lifestyle verticals and related social platforms. We're seeking a creative-minded writer/director who is passionate about both digital media and native advertising. Candidates should be interested in what makes someone share and how people communicate online and solve problems for BuzzFeed's brand partners.
Primarily, this position is focused on concepting and producing exciting advertising that is just as delightful, interesting, original, and engaging as BuzzFeed's editorial content. The ideal candidate is comfortable being involved with every part of the creative process: generating ideas for a variety of formats and types of brands, participating in client-facing communication, overseeing shoots on set, and handling rounds of revisions with ease and a smile.
In addition to skilled video production experience, a well-rounded creative background and variety of interests is a major plus. Mostly we're looking for people from a variety of backgrounds who are optimistic, energetic, and imaginative to join a fun and growing team at the vanguard of an incredibly exciting global shift in advertising.
This position is based in our Los Angeles office. We offer competitive compensation and a stock option program.
• Develop creative concepts that meet the objectives of our prospective partners
• Brainstorm and work collaboratively across the lifestyle franchises to generate proactive formats and ideas to pitch to our partners
• Pitch ideas, both internally and directly to clients
• Work closely with our sales and account management teams to ensure the brand's needs are met and communication is clear and open
• Work alongside in-house producers to organize and schedule shoots with crew, talent and, at times, client on set.
• Utilize video production skills while shooting and overseeing edit to be sure client's needs are met while the BuzzFeed voice remains clear
• Ability to deliver excellent, original creative content that will delight our clients and BuzzFeed's enormous global audience.
• Work on tight deadlines across multiple teams to deliver work that exceeds expectations on time every time
• Think big to continue to develop BuzzFeed's native advertising strategy across platforms, formats, and audiences.
• 1–3 years creative agency and/or editorial experience
• 2–4 years producing/shooting video with hands-on experience
• A proven ability to create engaging original content online
• A passion for advertising with the ability to concept, pitch, and champion ideas for brands
• An interest in and deep knowledge of the social web, including experience producing work for a variety of apps and social networks
• The ability to work as part of a team under tight deadlines
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.