Creative Director, Brand Design
BuzzfeedNew York, NY
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed is looking for a Creative Director of Brand Design for their newly formed Marketing division. This is an exciting opportunity to play a large role in developing the BuzzFeed brand and develop BuzzFeed's existing properties (e.g. Tasty, Goodful and Nifty).
As the Creative Director of Brand Design, you will be working with cross-functional project teams within BuzzFeed, managing our design team, and working closely with Marketing, Innovation and, Licensing.
• Marketing: You will be responsible for promoting the BuzzFeed brand and all other BuzzFeed properties. Our marketing team leverages our extensive audience to help shape and inform existing brands and products or to create new ones. Ensure continuity of brand design throughout the marketing of all BuzzFeed products.
• Licensing: We have strong product footholds at retail where we have extended the BuzzFeed brands into the real world. You will be responsible for working closely with our licensing partners to ensure they are promoting our brands properly and have the tools they need to operate successfully.
• Innovation: We work as innovation partners to BuzzFeed's advertising clients and develop new products and brands that solve our clients' challenges that leverage BuzzFeed's unique audience and perspective.
• 10 years of managing creative teams, dealing closely with clients
• A portfolio showing brands and services that you have created, we will want to see how you developed and grew them in the real world
• Build and inspire our internal design team while also managing freelancers and agencies
• Shape our internal thinking of how design can contribute to the growth and perception of the BuzzFeed's brands in the world
• Champion creativity and design within the organization
• Creative direction on all marketing, licensing and innovation projects
• Hire, nurture and develop designers
• Manage BuzzFeed brand style guides including key visual assets
• Collaborate with cross-discipline team members to develop comprehensive marketing, licensing and innovation strategies, hypothesis and early stage ideas
• Work with creative operations to traffic all projects moving through the design studio relative to appropriate staffing, key milestones, and delivery dates
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment and celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for growth and development via work experience and offerings from our in-house Learning Team
• Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, and more
• An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
• A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
• No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world and more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, and more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, and hard work (fused with fun). At BuzzFeed, you'll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools and create content that helps connect people all over the world.