Content Marketing Lead, Buzzfeed Studios
BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed is the world's leading independent digital media and tech company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally and spreads Joy and Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform and entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, and Unsolved to name a few! These properties and their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters and more.
Are you a creative self-starter, passionate about writing, shooting, and editing entertaining content to engage audiences on social media?
BuzzFeed is looking for a highly creative, versatile, jack-of-all-trades content producer to plan and execute digital content campaigns promoting BuzzFeed's film and television projects. BuzzFeed Studios is producing countless film and tv projects across narrative features, scripted, unscripted series and standalone documentary. The Content Marketing Lead will be responsible for making sure the BuzzFeed audience knows about those projects and is excited to watch them! The Content Marketing Lead will collaborate with filmmakers, other creative producers across departments at BuzzFeed, and also clients from tv networks and film studios. Between marketing campaigns, the Content Lead will also support the Film and TV Development teams working across our slate, in reviewing scripts, developing formats and packaging projects with talent.
• Have advanced skills in writing, lighting, shooting and editing, in tight timelines, often independently. (Advanced at: DSLR cameras, Premiere edit suite, Adobe creative programs)
• Have a deep understanding of the social platforms, their audiences, and the content that works on them.
• Support the coordination and logistical arrangements of getting freelance videographers and photographers to filming locations and events.
• Be able to deliver a volume of high quality work, independently, on schedule and within budget.
• Develop a deep understanding of BuzzFeed's branded content products and processes.
• Build strong, visual pitch decks to communicate your ideas to studios and filmmakers.
• Pitch and execute written and video marketing/promotional content in support of BuzzFeed Studios' film and television projects.
• Develop an understanding of paid media distribution, products and processes.
• Liaise with editorial and social teams to understand trends and successful content frames.
• Be a strong communicator, able to represent BuzzFeed Studios from a creative marketing POV both internally and externally.
• Be comfortable working with high profile talent to get content made.
• Help identify internetty moments with potential for virality in scripts and bring them to life.
• Able to assist in film and television development, covering scripts, elevating concepts and packaging projects.
• 5 years of relevant experience
• A love for internet content across video and written formats
• A passion for film and tv, a deep understanding of social platforms
• Advanced skills in pitching, writing, shooting and editing digital content independently
*Please submit a video reel with your application in order to be considered.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.