Client Partnership Director
BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. We produce articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; original pop culture and entertainment programming through Complex Networks; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
We are looking for a Client Partnerships Director - Automotive with a passion for social content-driven advertising and marketing inclusive of media, native, affiliate, experiential, performance and data.
You have experience in digital / experiential media and a proven track record within sales. You are able to work within a strong team culture while being independent in managing business. You also have effective collaboration, negotiation and customer service skills. You thrive in an entrepreneurial learning environment that will allow you to quickly get up to speed on our products, services and begin generating revenue.
• Pitch partnership renewals and seeks to find new lines of business in order to generate growth amongst existing clients
• Strategically and creatively build a pipeline and maintain a high level of activity
• Prepare for and manage business meetings with clients ranging from agency-level to C-level clients
• Develop a sales strategy and business plan for generating revenue through premium direct sales to brands and agencies as well as RFP agency business
• Lead & host video, phone, in-person / virtual presentations and client entertainment
• Utilize extensive knowledge of assigned clients and the industry including their internal structure, agency partners, etc. to uncover new opportunities for revenue
• Serve as an expert on social media, content marketing, experiential, mobile and digital video / media
Part of what makes BuzzFeed a pioneer in digital media is our commitment to exploring new ventures that lead to spreading truth and joy. As such, you may be asked to share your knowledge with your colleagues through presentations or trainings, to screen and interview job candidates, or to take part in recruitment or networking events on behalf of the company.
• 7 years of previous digital media and sales experience combined, specifically in the automotive space.
• Demonstrated an ability to creatively problem solve revenue generating solutions / products / strategies to answer client business challenges
• Previous experience successfully driving revenue through prospecting, discovery, pitching, closing and renewing business
• Intellectual curiosity and an entrepreneurial spirit
• Ability to effectively collaborate with internal partner teams while being independent in managing your business
• Outstanding communications skills including negotiation skills and exemplary consultative selling skills.
• Experience navigating the internet and social platforms
• A desire to learn and adapt in an ever-changing industry
• Bonus: a passion for the transforming entertainment industry, an informed POV on the streaming wars, and/or an understanding of Direct-to-Consumer business models.
FYI - job descriptions are not a one size fits all, just because you don't meet every requirement doesn't mean we don't want to hear from you. If you think you'd be a good fit for the job anyway, use your application to show us why!
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
At BuzzFeed, we want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
This position may require you to be in the office or be in close proximity to other employees once our offices fully reopen in 2022.