Character Social Media Writer
BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Character Social Media Writer (project-based)
BuzzFeed is looking for a short-term, project-based social media writer to work on our animated projects and to support our growing Los Angeles Animation team. We're looking for someone funny, sweet, and spicy with experience creating content for the web that can capture the multiple voices of our characters of the show. You will begin as soon as possible and for one month with a possibility to extend.
• Familiarize yourself with all our projects and become an expert in their unique tones and styles
• Be the voice for our animated projects on social media platforms
• Create content that aligns with the tone of the project
• Pitch potential ideas and stories to the team for further discussion
• Develop concepts for Instagram
• Have no ego about addressing notes, and are comfortable sharing your opinion
• Can stay on schedule
• Are proactive with ideas
• Proficiency in Google Apps, Microsoft Office
• At least 2 years of experience writing for animation and social media
• Passionate about social media and current trends
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our teams.
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you'll work collaboratively with inspiring colleagues to create technology and content that helps connect people all over the world.