Audience Development Strategist
BuzzfeedNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Audience Development Strategist, Site Operations
BuzzFeed.com is looking for a resourceful and data-driven strategist to join BuzzFeed's Audience Development team. This role will be responsible for managing and optimizing the publishing slate for BuzzFeed.com, focus on data labeling projects for BuzzFeed.com content and work closely with Site Operations lead and Product/CMS teams to ensure tagging and data labeling projects are successful and meet internal and external platform standards.
• Manage and oversee publishing, sectioning, and tagging for all BuzzFeed.com posts in our CMS
• Analyze metrics related to traffic and output and adjust publishing plan based on insights, homepage context mix and site publishing gaps
• Develop a data-driven understanding of BuzzFeed.com content categories, formats, and sections and develop tactics to make content successful
• Liaise with writers, editors, and editorial leadership around site programming
• Compile thoughtful post-mortem analyses and identify areas for optimization
• Work closely with Product specialists, Audience Development and Editorial leads on tagging projects from inception to delivery
• Write/review tagging training guidelines when necessary, be the go to resource for editorial team on tagging and site publishing
• Continually identify opportunities for improvements and propose solutions to make site publishing and tagging processes more efficient
• A deep passion for editorial content and the ability to excel in a fast-paced digital publishing environment
• 1-2 years of experience working at a website or in digital media
• Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple areas of priority
• Self motivated and eager to learn internal and external data tools and systems
• Highly collaborative, highly organized and a solutions-oriented team player
• Ability to work on deadline and handle multiple tasks at once with a precise and detail-oriented approach
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.