Associate Trending Editor
BuzzfeedNew York, NY
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Associate Trending Editor jobs in New York-NY
Associate Trending Editor (Project Based)
About BuzzFeed, Inc.
We are looking for a contracted writer to work with our team working early mornings. You will take assignments from our timely editor to turn around as quickly as possible. You have experience sourcing, pitching, and writing about timely stories. You are plugged into a variety of film and TV shows and have a willingness to obsessively cover them.
This is a three-month contract-based position and available to start immediately. This is a remote position. Residents of California, Colorado, Connecticut, DC, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Washington and the UK are encouraged to apply. This position requires working 7 am EST to 12 pm at most, or finishes early when the daily quota is reached.
• Take assignments from BuzzFeed editors and execute them quickly
• Write 4 stories a day
• Assist with editing
• Create and produce ideas for content based on news of the day
• Dream up evergreen stories for slow news days
• Attend brainstorms and contribute to team goals
• Work early mornings to mid-day
• Good judgment and an eye for picking pre-viral stories
• Experience working autonomously and self-publishing stories
• The ability to cover a wide range of topics including music, tv, film, fashion, beauty, sports, etc.
• Experience writing about sensitive topics
• The ability to find unique angles for major news stories
• Experience writing trending stories required
• A forensic approach to writing about pop culture
• Experience vetting and sourcing photos a plus
• Experience with SEO a plus
• The ability to take perspective of others
• Instead of a formal cover letter please send a short explanation of why you would be a good fit for this role and what kinds of trending news content you would like to cover for BuzzFeed
Life at BuzzFeed, Inc.
We celebrate inclusion and are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
We want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed, Inc. offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) and open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, and WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, and VT.