Associate Social Media Strategist
BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 4/26/2021 10:08:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Social Media Category
Search for Associate Social Media Strategist jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Associate Social Media Strategist postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Associate Social Media Strategist? Associate Social Media Strategist: Cocoa Butter & Short Form (project-based)
BuzzFeed is seeking an Social Media Strategist to focus on video publishing strategy for some of BuzzFeed's most beloved brands, primarily for Cocoa Butter, and will provide publishing and editorial support for the BuzzFeed social media team for other brands including BuzzFeedVideo, As/Is, and more. This position will use data to inform decisions and will collaborate closely with operations and video producers to ensure that our content is being released in the most optimal way across all video platforms.
The ideal candidate is obsessed with both publishers and content creators particularly on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, & TikTok (especially emerging short form video products like TikTok, Reels, & YouTube Shorts) and would be able to understand and summarize how and why certain videos blow up - where did they take off, what makes them special, why are they worth sharing?
The ideal candidate is able to navigate a fast-paced and dynamic work environment with efficiency and maturity. We're looking for a rockstar who is naturally organized and detail-oriented, enthusiastic about social media and all things BuzzFeed - someone who is a data-obsessed self-starter with excellent judgement and communication skills.
• Optimize, publish, and analyze video and distributed content releases across YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, & TikTok accounts for the Cocoa Butter brand.
• Prepare insights for the social and content teams to continuously find best practices for social optimization.
• Establishes a consultative relationship with creative leads.
• Monitor discussions, posts, and comments across multiple social media channels.
• Assist with experiments on emerging platforms to strategize new opportunities for revenue.
• Generate reports/sharing pertinent information across multiple teams.
• Assist BuzzFeed social editors with scheduling posts and finding/creating content across platforms.
• Has the foresight to anticipate issues in workflow or content performance and present manager with possible actionable solutions. Able to think outside the day-to-day to find creative scalable solutions (i.e.: work smarter not harder).
• Use knowledge of online video to present our videos in the most shareable way, helping them to have the biggest reach and impact
• 1-2 years of experience online writing/editing/curating on the web
• Understanding of the digital landscape and a proven interest in keeping up to date with developments in web platforms and applications
• Deep enthusiasm for experimenting with content and strategy to optimize for key metrics
• Knowledge of the online video ecosystem
• Native YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, and Reddit user
• Deep understanding of how titling and thumbnails can affect a video's performance
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Must have excellent writing skills
• Responds to a fluctuating workload with a positive attitude and is always ready to tackle new challenges!
• Ability to handle multiple priorities - a tireless work ethic never hurts!
• No formal cover letters, please. Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this particular position. We'd also like you to share 3-5 links to videos posted on any BuzzFeed YouTube channel (published within the last year) that you think did really well and explain why.
• Provide links to your social media accounts or personal blog
• Attach a resume
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within and across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.