Associate Social Media Strategist
BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed is looking for an Associate Social Media Strategist to join our team in Los Angeles. You will work on social video strategy, and have a hand in publishing on all social platforms.
This a full time position based in our Los Angeles office, working Monday - Friday.
• Oversee Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and Instagram video publishing.
• Communicate and brainstorm with content creators and video creators to achieve goals and meet deadlines, analyzing and reporting on social performance, trends, and new opportunities.
• Embed with brand-focused video teams, including Pero Like, and help them set up their content for success on various social platforms.
• Grow audiences on emerging video platforms like TikTok.
• Engage with the BuzzFeed community across platforms.
• Help maintain the cheery and collaborative BuzzFeed culture with a positive attitude and obsession with the things people are sharing, liking, recommending and talking about on the internet
• 1-2 years experience running social accounts for a major publisher or brand
• Social media reporting experience and data analysis skills
• An understanding of social video and how to optimize it for different platforms.
• As Pero Like content will be a focus for this role, the ideal candidate will have an interest in/ familiarity with Latinx issues and pop culture.
• A candidate who is bilingual (English/ Spanish) is also a major plus!
• Experience in Facebook / YouTube Analytics and third party tools for tracking and reporting.
• An understanding of virality and the media landscape
• Be a self-motivated person who isn't afraid to carve out new responsibilities for themselves
• Understand Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc., and why content on those platforms became popular
• Have a positive, curious, playful disposition
• A genuine love for and excitement about the internet .
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
• A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
• Plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.