Associate Social Media Strategist
BuzzfeedLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed is seeking an Associate Social Media Strategist to focus on video publishing strategy for some of BuzzFeed's most beloved lifestyle brands on YouTube. This position will use data to inform decisions, and will collaborate closely with video producers to ensure that our content is being released in the most optimal way across YouTube and more.
The ideal candidate is obsessed with lifestyle publishers like Tasty, As/Is, Nifty and Goodful and would be able to understand and summarize how and why certain videos blow up - where did they take off, what makes them special, why are they worth sharing?
The ideal candidate is able to navigate a fast-paced and dynamic work environment with efficiency and maturity. We're looking for a rockstar who is naturally organized and detail-oriented, enthusiastic about social media and all things BuzzFeed - someone who is a data-obsessed self-starter with excellent judgement and communication skills.
A knowledge of and passion for food, home, beauty and style, health and wellness is a major plus!
This is a full-time salaried position in our Los Angeles office. We offer competitive compensation and a stock option program.
• Plan, implement, schedule, publish and analyze video and distributed content releases and schedules across multiple YouTube channels
• Completely and wholly owns their initiatives from a publishing point-of-view; has all the answers and if they don't, they will own finding the answer.
• Establishes a consultative relationship with stakeholders, including executives.
• Schedule and publish videos to some of the biggest brands on YouTube
• Monitor discussions, posts, and comments across multiple YouTube channels and other social media channels.
• Acts as an advisor for new initiatives; a respected thought leader to help teams throughout the company crack new content areas and formats
• Has the foresight to anticipate issues in workflow or content performance and present manager with possible actionable solutions. Able to think outside the day-to-day to find creative scalable solutions (i.e.: work smarter not harder).
• Use knowledge of online video to present our videos in the most shareable way, helping them to have the biggest reach and impact
• 1-2 years of experience online writing/editing/curating on the web
• Strong interest in food, home, health and wellness a definite plus!
• Understanding of the digital landscape and a proven interest in keeping up to date with developments in web platforms and applications
• Deep enthusiasm for experimenting with content and strategy to optimize for key metrics
• Knowledge of the online video ecosystem
• Native Tumblr, Vimeo, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Reddit user
• Deep understanding of how titling and thumbnails can affect a video's performance
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Must have excellent writing skills
• Responds to a fluctuating workload with a positive attitude and is always ready to tackle new challenges!
• Ability to handle multiple priorities - a tireless work ethic never hurts!
• No formal cover letters, please. Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this particular position.
• Provide links to your social media accounts or personal blog.
• Attach a resume.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
• A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
• Plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.