Associate Social Media Strategist
BuzzfeedNew York, NY
Full Time Job
BuzzFeed is looking for an Associate Social Media Strategist to join our team in New York. You will work on Facebook strategy for the Commerce Editorial Social Team, but have a hand in all social platforms. You will expand our strategy to cover other platforms even more, especially instagram, search and apple news.
This job is based in our New York City office, working Monday - Friday.
• Oversee Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram publishing, and push notifications like Apple News and the BuzzFeed App.
• Communicate and brainstorm with content creators and Shopping team to achieve goals and meet deadlines, analyzing and reporting on social performance, trends, and new opportunities.
• Engage with BuzzFeed community across platforms.
• Help maintain the cheery and collaborative BuzzFeed culture with a positive attitude and obsession with the things people are sharing, liking, recommending and talking about on the internet
• Produce ideas for Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, the App, Apple News and more
• This is job requires 1 years experience running social accounts for a major publisher or brand
• Social media experience and data analysis skills
• An understanding of online customer's buying behaviors
• Be a self-motivated person who isn't afraid to carve out new responsibilities for themselves
• Understand Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc., and why content on those platforms became popular
• Have a positive, curious, playful disposition
• A genuine love for and excitement about the internet
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
• A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
• Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
• An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
• A great benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
• No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation and inclusion. At BuzzFeed, you'll collaborate with inspiring colleagues to create tools and content that helps connect people all over the world.